- Jude Law – So I am aware that I happen to forever be JLaw biased, but this is seriously one of the best movies I have seen of his! He fits the carefree, sexy, charming playboy role of Dickie Greenleaf like a cinderella’s shoe story. P.S. Do NOT miss his fabulous ensemble in blue when he asks Ripley to join him to a trip to San Remo!
- Wanderlust – Over the past several months I have been an absolute slave to wanderlust and this movie encapsulates Rome exquisitely. From Dickie’s home to the streets of the city to the beaches, cafes and Jazz pubs, oh let the soul of the dream traveller weep at the sheer exotica!
- Length – I know most people prefer short movies, but I somehow have always taken to longer movies more, I am not sure why. Perhaps it makes me feel like I have sufficient time to sit down and get into the movie before it ends, or maybe I feel like every fifteen minutes I don’t have to keep thinking alright so this is it, this is how this movie is going to end, and well, there is always the upside of killing more time when you have nothing much to do! So true to that statement, here is a long enough movie to watch your hour hand move thrice.
- Dramatization – Watching this movie is always like such a cauldron of boiling drama, mystery and sexuality with it’s aroma intoxicating every minute of the watch! It’s gaiety, overt romance as well as the hidden undertones, obsession, suspense and denouement is like the taste of the Italian Amaretto, perfect in all it’s oddities.
- Mr. Ripley – I am speaking of the role and not in particular of Damon, but Ripley is what I believe to be a man with desires like any other, fallen into a trap that he has to keep engorging further to remain safe. His obsessions, his love, his lust, his desires and wants, I believe is truly not far off from any of our own, we are merely lucky to not have Mr. Greenleaf send us on a wonderful all paid Roman Holiday where we are given the fearful chance to bask too long in the lap of luxury.
So, what are you waiting for ?!